Smart Card Merchant Services Overview
Established in 2015
Active since 2015, Smart Card Merchant Services (smartcardms.com) is a merchant account provider that appears to be a DBA or related business of Eschelon Merchant Services and a now-defunct company called EMV Payment Systems. Eschelon Merchant Services registered the Smart Card Merchant Services trade name in the state of Arizona in August 2015, and the vice president of business development at Eschelon Merchant Services registered “Smartcard Merchant Services” with the Arizona Corporations Commission in 2013. Furthermore, the president of Eschelon Merchant Services is listed as the registrant of the “smartcardms.com” web domain.
Both Eschelon Merchant Services and EMV Payment Systems are the subjects of multiple merchant complaints describing very similar “slamming” tactics, particularly with regard to equipment leased through First Data Global Leasing and Northern Leasing Systems. We have received Smart Card Merchant Services complaints that describe this same issue, indicating that Smart Card shares those companies’ business approach.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona
Smart Card Merchant Services is a reseller of First Data, TSYS, and Worldpay contracts and a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank. It is headquartered at 3320 W Cheryl Dr, Ste A-160, Phoenix, Arizona 85051-9594, although other addresses in the Phoenix area have also been associated with it. The company does not disclose the identities of its owners on its website, but, as noted above, it appears to share ownership with Eschelon Merchant Services and EMV Payment Systems.
Smart Card Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Smart Card Merchant Services appears to offer variable contract terms that are commonly paired with long-term equipment leases.
- Complaints & Service: Smart Card Merchant Services has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Smart Card Merchant Services has received ten complaints with the Better Business Bureau and has an “F” rating.
- Sales & Marketing: Smart Card Merchant Services hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Smart Card Merchant Services
Smart Card Merchant Services Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Smart Card Merchant Services merchant account statement. Not with Smart Card Merchant Services? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.