Established in 2015
Active since 2015, Smart Card Merchant Services is a merchant account provider that appears to be a DBA or related business of Eschelon Merchant Services and a now-defunct company called EMV Payment Systems. Eschelon Merchant Services registered the Smart Card Merchant Services trade name in the state of Arizona in August 2015, and the vice president of business development at Eschelon Merchant Services registered “Smartcard Merchant Services” with the Arizona Corporations Commission in 2013. Furthermore, the president of Eschelon Merchant Services is listed as the registrant of the “smartcardms.com” web domain.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona
Smart Card Merchant Services is a reseller of First Data, TSYS, and Worldpay contracts and a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank. It is headquartered at 3320 W Cheryl Dr, Ste A-160, Phoenix, Arizona 85051-9594, although other addresses in the Phoenix area have also been associated with it. The company does not disclose the identities of its owners on its website, but, as noted above, it appears to share ownership with Eschelon Merchant Services and EMV Payment Systems.
Smart Card Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Smart Card Merchant Services appears to offer variable contract terms that are commonly paired with long-term equipment leases.
- Complaints & Service: Smart Card Merchant Services has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Smart Card Merchant Services has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 12 complaints and 8 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Smart Card Merchant Services hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Smart Card Merchant Services