The Independent Sales Arm of First Data
CardConnect, formerly known as Financial Transaction Services, is a rapidly growing merchant account provider that operates as an independent subsidiary of First Data. Founded in 2006 by CEO Brian P. Shanahan before changing its name and moving to Pennsylvania, CardConnect was acquired by First Data in 2017 and is now the primary independent sales network used by First Data. The company has previously partnered with FTV Capital, Bank of America, and SecureNet Payment Systems to expand its products and services.
CardConnect Location and Ownership
CardConnect’s headquarters are located at 1000 Continental Drive, Suite 600, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406. Jeff Shanahan is listed as the president of CardConnect.
CardConnect Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: CardConnect usually offers a multi-year contract through First Data with a variable termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: CardConnect has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: CardConnect has an “A” rating and has received 35 complaints and 1 review in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2019.
- Sales & Marketing: CardConnect hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With CardConnect
CardConnect Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your CardConnect merchant account statement. Not with CardConnect? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.