Kotapay is a merchant account and credit card payment processor based in Fargo, North Dakota. Originally operating under the name of InterceptEFT, the company was acquired by First International Bank & Trust in 2018 and rebranded as Kotapay. The company has been in business for 25 years according to its Better Business Bureau profile.
Kotapay has announced that it partners with BASYS Processing for debit and credit card processing services. Kotapay and First International Bank & Trust are also a contracted reseller of First Data (now Fiserv) and Clover solutions.
Kotapay Payment Processing
Kotapay processes all major debit and credit cards for most business types. Their services include ACH processing, the Clover family of POS systems, mobile solutions, and access to the Pay Now payment gateway.
Kotapay Location & Ownership
Kotapay is headquartered at 4334 18th Avenue South, Suite 200 Fargo, ND 58103. Kotapay is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA. Steve Stenehjem is the CEO of First International Bank & Trust, while Jim Haug is the director of Kotapay.
Kotapay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Kotapay has been shown to utilize BASYS Processing for its credit and debit payment processing.
- Complaints & Service: Kotapay has received very few complaints.
- BBB Rating: Kotapay has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints and 0 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Kotapay does not hire independent sales agents and has received a low number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Kotapay