Offering Merchant Services Since 1998
Founded in 1998, Metro Payment Technologies (formerly Metro Merchant Services) is a national merchant account provider that is able to serve most in-store and online business types. The company appears to rely on First Data (now Fiserv) for its credit card processing network.
Rebrand to Metro Payment Technologies
In June 2020, Metro Merchant Services rebranded to Metro Payment Technologies. While the company has refreshed its website, logo, and messaging, this seems to be only a marketing rebrand strategy. The company assures its clients that “it’s business as usual.”
Metro Payment Technologies Payment Processing
Metro Payment Technologies processes most major debit and credit cards for most business types. Their services include POS systems, virtual terminals, access to a payment gateway, mobile and wireless solutions, cash advances, payroll solutions, e-check processing, PCI compliance, and chargeback protection.
Headquartered in Delaware
Metro’s headquarters is located at 510 Century Boulevard, Wilmington, Delaware 19808 and the company is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California. Mark Landis is listed as the president and Joan Winnington is the director of operations of Metro Payment Technologies.
Metro Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Metro Payment Technologies is an ISO of First Data (Fiserv) and resells their contracts with terms that vary according to each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Metro Payment Technologies has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Metro Payment Technologies has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints and 2 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2014.
- Sales & Marketing: Metro Payment Technologies appears to hire independent sales representatives but has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Metro Payment Technologies