Updated 12/31/2018: The Realex Payments website (realexpayments.com) redirects to Global Payments, indicating that it has been fully absorbed into the Global Payments brand and will no longer conduct business as Realex Payments. We will therefore no longer update this review. For up-to-date information on the company, please see our Global Payments review.
Founded in 2000, Realex Payments (realexpayments.com) is a UK-based division of Global Payments that specializes in providing online and mobile merchant accounts to business in the UK and Ireland. The company operated independently until 2015, when it was acquired by Global Payments for €115 million. Realex claims to process over €35 billion per year for over 14,000 clients and is headquartered at The Observatory, 7-11 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Gary Conroy is the managing director of Realex Payments.
- Sales & Marketing: Realex does not engage in misleading sales tactics and has not received complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Realex offers fixed-rate pricing for small and mid-sized merchants and custom pricing for enterprise-level businesses.
- Complaints & Service: We have found fewer than 10 public complaints about Realex.
- BBB Rating: Realex does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Realex Payments