The Payment Processing Division of American Express
American Express Merchant Services is a the merchant account division of American Express Company.. Just in case you are unfamiliar with this industry, you should understand that merchants who wish to accept American Express cards have historically been required to set up a dedicated American Express merchant account that is separate from their VISA, MasterCard and Discover merchant account.
American Express Location and Leadership
With the founding year of 1850, American Express is one of the oldest financial service companies in the United States and continues to be one of the largest today. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “AXP” and makes up one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. American Express is best known for its consumer service offerings such as traveler cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. The company is headquartered at 200 Vesey Street New York, NY. Anré Williams has been American Express’s president of global merchant services since January of 2018.
American Express Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: American Express offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: American Express has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: American Express Merchant Services (as American Express Company) has an “A+” rating and has received 3,361 complaints and 177 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1948.
- Sales & Marketing: American Express does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With American Express