American Express Merchant Services Overview
The Payment Processing Division of American Express
American Express Merchant Services (merchant.americanexpress.com) is a division of American Express Company that serves the merchant processing side of American Express charge card and credit card transactions. Just in case you are unfamiliar with this industry, you should understand that merchants who wish to accept American Express cards have historically been required to set up a dedicated American Express merchant account that is separate from their VISA, MasterCard and Discover merchant account.
American Express Location and Leadership
With a founding year of 1850, American Express is one of the oldest financial service companies in the United States and continues to be one of the largest today. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “AXP” and makes up one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. American Express is best known for its consumer service offerings such as traveler cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. The company is headquartered at 200 Vesey Street New York, NY. Anre Williams has been American Express’s president of global merchant services since January of 2018.
American Express Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Sales & Marketing: American Express does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: American Express offers a month-to-month contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: American Express has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: American Express has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 3,068 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With American Express
American Express Merchant Services Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your American Express Merchant Services merchant account statement. Not with American Express Merchant Services? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any statement. In fact, We've found $777,476 in hidden fees in 2019 already! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.