BigCommerce Location and Ownership
BigCommerce, also referred to as “Big Commerce” and, formerly, “InterSpire,” is an Austin, Texas-based merchant account provider specializing in e-commerce solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. Like Shopify, BigCommerce offers merchants debit and credit card processing through an online shopping cart, web store creation and customization, sales analytics, marketing and SEO assistance, and inventory management. Brent Bellm is the CEO of BigCommerce, which is headquartered at 11305 4 Points Dr #300, Austin, Texas 78726.
Integrate With Any Online Payment Gateway
The company’s preferred payments partner is Braintree/PayPal, but merchants can integrate their BigCommerce stores with payment gateways from a wide variety of other highly rated third-party processors including Apple Pay, Adyen, Amazon Pay, among others. BigCommerce can also be integrated with Square and ShopKeep for users who require point-of-sale options. The company does not offer a POS app for retail merchants at this time, making it exclusively an e-commerce solution.
BigCommerce Standout Features
Like its competitors, BigCommerce offers a huge array of website themes and an app store with numerous add-ons and plugins available. One notable feature of the company’s service is the fact that it charges no transaction fees on top of those charged through third-party processors like Authorize.Net, meaning that merchants will not pay extra if they choose not to use a Braintree/PayPal account. The company’s e-commerce features include single-page checkout, Apple Pay integration, real-time shipping quotes, and an abandoned cart saver tool. BigCommerce also prominently advertises its SEO and marketing services, which include promotions and coupons, email marketing, SEO tools, social media marketing, and multi-channel marketing.
BigCommerce Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: BigCommerce offers various monthly packages that can be paired with multiple processors and do not charge early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: BigCommerce has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: BigCommerce has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 36 complaints and 2 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: BigCommerce does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has received very few complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With BigCommerce