Payment Processing for Non-Profits
Blackbaud is a software and merchant account provider that specializes in solutions for nonprofit organizations such as foundations, philanthropic organizations, K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and individual advocates. Its payment solutions allow merchants to process both credit card and ACH payments. Founded in 1981, the company has grown from a simple computerized billing service into one of the largest all-in-one solutions available for charities. Blackbaud fortifies its payment gateway with point-to-point encryption for secure transactions that are supplement by fraud management tools. The company also advertises that it processes pre-reconciled bank deposits, allowing organizations to receive payments more efficiently.
Blackbaud Location and Ownership
Blackbaud is headquartered at 65 Fairchild Street Charleston, SC. The company’s payment processing service is called Blackbaud Merchant Services and will be the primary focus of this review. Michael Gianoni is listed as the president and CEO of Blackbaud.
Blackbaud Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Blackbaud offers a month-to-month merchant account contract with no early termination fee and a flat-rate for all transactions.
- Complaints & Service: Blackbaud has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Blackbaud has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 10 complaints and 3 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Blackbaud does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has received very few complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Blackbaud
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.