UPDATE 12/26/2018: One version of the Equity Commerce website (equitycommerce.net) currently redirects to a SignaPay payment gateway login page, and it appears that it has been doing so for more than a year. The other company domain (equitycommerce.com) redirects to SignaPay’s website (signapay.com). It appears that Equity Commerce has been fully absorbed into SignaPay, therefore we will no longer update this review. For up-to-date information about this company, please see our SignaPay review.
Equity Commerce, L.P. (equitycommerce.com and .net) is a small merchant account provider that is fairly new in the credit card processing industry. Founded in 2005 and based in Hagerstown, Maryland, the company appears to use Cynergy Data as its processor, but it could also be acting as a reseller for several other companies. Equity Commerce was acquired by SignaPay in 2012, which may also have an effect on the services it offers. Equity Commerce is a registered ISO/MSP of BMO Harris Bank, N.A., Chicago, Illinois, and Esquire Bank, Garden City, New York, and is located at 18223 Shawley Dr, Hagerstown, Maryland 21740-2443. Jeff Brown is listed as the vice president of operations and finance for Equity Commerce.
- Sales & Marketing: Equity Commerce does not engage in misleading sales tactics and has not received complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Equity Commerce appears to offer standard contracts through Cynergy Data and Esquire Bank with variable terms.
- Complaints & Service: Equity Commerce has received very few public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Equity Commerce has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received one complaint to its profile.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Equity Commerce