A Rapidly Growing Merchant Account Provider
Founded in 2016, Pineapple Payments is a merchant account provider offering a full range of terminal and software-based payment processing options. The company utilizes Worldpay, TSYS, and First Data to offer merchants of all sizes omnichannel payment processing services. In addition to payment processing, the company also offers Quickbooks integration services. That facet of the company’s services allows merchants to set up recurring billing, AR/AP tracking, and customized payment pages such as bill-pay portals.
In October of 2017, the Pineapple Payments announced its acquisition of Payline Data. The acquisition of that company means Pineapple Payments will provide its services to nearly 10,000 merchants with a combined annual processing volume of over $2 billion. Despite being a relatively new company, its advanced payment technology and experienced executive leadership have allowed the company to flourish in the 3 years or so it has been in business. Pineapple Payments also acquired Boston-based Beacon Payments and fellow Pittsburgh-based merchant account provider CardChamp in 2019.
Location and Ownership
Pineapple Payments is headquartered at 11 Stanwix Street, Suite 1202, Pittsburgh, PA. The company is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA and Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, New York, NY. Unified Payments is a registered ISO of Citizens Bank, N. A., Providence, RI, Unified Payments is a registered ISO of Esquire Bank N.A., Garden City, NY. Brian Shanahan, formerly the CEO of CardConnect, is now the CEO of Pineapple Payments.
Pineapple Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Pineapple Payments offers interchange-plus pricing through a three-year contract through either First Data, TSYS, or Worldpay with an early termination fee of up to $495.
- Complaints & Service: Pineapple Payments has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Pineapple Payments does not currently have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Pineapple Payments hires independent sales representatives, though it has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Pineapple Payments.