Adam Bentley Overview
**We are offering rewards for any information regarding companies that Adam Bentley is involved with in the credit card processing industry. Please contact us for more information.
According to public complaints filed against ElitePay Global, Adam Bentley is a former executive-level employee at ElitePay Global and the brother of Brian Bentley, who is the manager of International Payment Services. Alongside Brian and Andrew Bentley, he served as an upper-level manager at PrimePay Global and ElitePay Global for the duration of their operations. There is also some evidence linking the Bentleys and other former ElitePay Global employees to Ironwood Payments and One For Merchants, two newer merchant account providers that came into existence around the time that ElitePay Global became inactive. Ironwood Payments has since demonstrated that it has severed ties with the Bentleys and terminated all former ElitePay Global employees from its staff. Adam Bentley is believed to reside in Millville, Utah.
Known Positions Held
- Manager at International Payment Services, an LLC in Henderson, Nevada, from 2005-present
- Manager at ElitePay Global, a Utah-based LLC
- Manager at PrimePay Global, an Illinois-based LLC
- International Payment Services (under the direction of Adam Bentley) was the plaintiff in International Payment Services v. CardPaymentOptions.com, a lawsuit filed against this website alleging trademark infringement. International Payment Services lost via a Summary Judgement, resulting in a decisive victory for CardPaymentOptions.com. Details of the case are outlined in our ElitePay Global review.
- Official Idaho court documents and multiple news sources name Adam Bentley as a defendant in a 2009 civil action filed by the state of Idaho regarding a multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme conducted in 2007. These sources state that Adam Bentley was found by the state of Idaho to have violated the registration and anti-fraud provisions of Idaho’s Uniform Securities Act by selling insurance investments without a license. Bentley and his co-defendants were also shown to have made fraudulent presentations to their investors in order to obtain funding. Following its investigation, the state of Idaho ordered Bentley to pay a civil penalty of $200,000 and restitution to his investors totaling $5,373,464. More significantly, he was also permanently prohibited from selling securities in the state of Idaho. This ruling did not appear to affect his ability to gain a management role at ElitePay Global—a role that granted him access to sensitive data including processing volumes, account numbers, and social security numbers of business owners.
- International Payment Services formerly operated under the name PrimePay Global. In 2012, the company was sued by PrimePay for trademark infringement and lost, resulting in the switch to the ElitePay Global name.
- International Payment Services is the plaintiff in an October 2016 lawsuit filed against Ironwood Payments in which International Payment Services accuses Ironwood Payments of failing to make a $4 million dollar payment as a condition of Ironwood’s acquisition of ElitePay Global’s payment processing portfolio. Details of the case and its outcome are outlined in our Ironwood Payments review.
- Brian Bentley, Andrew Bentley, Adam Bentley, and International Payment Services are among the defendants in a December 2016 class action lawsuit filed by merchants in Illinois’ Northern District Court. The lawsuit alleges that Ironwood Financial illegally recorded sales calls containing sensitive financial information without the consent of merchants. The outcome of the case is currently pending.
Other Notable Items
According to the Nevada Secretary of State’s office, Brian and Andrew Bentley are registered as officers at dozens of corporations. Adam is not listed as a registered agent or officer at any businesses in the Nevada Secretary of State’s database, but it is possible that he aids or advises his brothers in the management of their independent LLCs.
This profile consists of information obtained through independent research. If you have any additional information to add to this profile, please share it in the comment section below.