Ironwood Payments Overview
No Current Ties to ElitePay Global
Founded in 2015, Ironwood is a merchant account provider that was created via the acquisition of ElitePay Global‘s merchant portfolio. The owners of Ironwood Financial (Ironwood’s parent company) did not realize at the time of purchase that there were severe issues with the structure, culture, and business practices of ElitePay Global. As a result, Ironwood Payments received a high number of complaints over approximately one year that were similar to the complaints filed against ElitePay Global (one of the worst-rated providers on CPO). Our rating for Ironwood Payments was very low during this period due to the company’s prior dealings with ElitePay Global, documented proof that many of Ironwood’s employees were former ElitePay Global employees, and many complaints that described exorbitant leasing fees and deceptive sales tactics. The company advertises SwipeSimple Register, Vend, ShopKeep, and Talech as POS solutions.
Moving on from ElitePay Global
Eventually, Ironwood hired a third party to conduct a full review of the company’s practices and suggest necessary changes. Ironwood also began to reach out directly to dissatisfied merchants and attempt to resolve their issues. Ironwood has contacted CPO to offer a significant amount of background information about the company and insight into its practices, and CPO has separately verified as much of this information as possible. CPO is now satisfied that Ironwood Payments has severed all ties with ElitePay Global and is committed to a total reform of its business practices. In fact, Ironwood Payments has taken proactive steps (documented in this review) to become a highly transparent and dependable merchant account provider.
Offices in Utah and Mississippi
Ironwood is headquartered in at 2718 West Oxford Loop, Suite 185, Oxford, Mississippi. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio, Merrick Bank, South Jordan, UT, and Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Concord, CA. David Farr is the vice president of Ironwood.
Ironwood Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Ironwood offers a multi-year contract with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Ironwood has received approximately 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Ironwood (as Ironwood Financial, LLC) has an “A+” rating and has received 2 complaints in the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2018.
- Sales & Marketing: Ironwood Payments does not hire independently contracted agents and has received a few complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Ironwood Payments
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.