Agree with our rating?
Leave a comment below
Agree with our rating?
1/18/2021 Update: As the Adativ website is no longer active, it appears the company is no longer in business. All current information reflects information available as of August 2019. Moving forward, CardPaymentOptions.com will no longer update this review.
High Risk Specialists
Headquartered in the Channel Islands, Adativ (adativ.com) is a merchant account provider that serves both standard and high risk business types. The company distinguishes itself from its competitors by openly advertising that it can process payments for CBD vendors and other extremely high risk industries.
Adativ CBD Requirements
The Adativ website clearly lists the company’s requirements for CBD merchants who wish to obtain payment processing:
1. Merchants should only be shipping to countries in which the products are legal. If a CBD merchant still wishes to ship to certain countries that ADATIV do not support, transactions from such countries will be blocked on our payment system. At present, transactions from the countries listed below will be blocked on our CBD payment processing solution. However, since international legislation is continuously changing the list may change: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, New Zealand, Russia and Slovakia. CBD Merchants from the USA will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
2. All products are to be in line with EU legislation, with THC levels below 0.2%. CBD Merchants will need to provide independent certificates that confirm the THC levels are within EU thresholds, and that the products are derived from industrial hemp.
3. CBD Merchant websites must clearly state that all products are extracted from industrial hemp.
4. Products and websites claiming to provide medical benefits will not be approved (e.g. products that claim to cure conditions or diseases etc.)
5. No subscription billing
6. EU company – we currently only work with EU Acquiring solutions for our custom built CBD payment processing solution. Therefore you will need an EU company to apply. We can assist you with incorporating your EU company.
7. Start-up businesses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis but we do work with many start-ups.
Adativ Location and Ownership
Adativ is headquartered at Forum 4, Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, and does not publicly list its partner banks. Adativ also does not publicly disclose the identities of its executive team.
Adativ Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Adativ offers variable contract terms depending on each merchant’s business type, location, and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Adativ has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Adativ does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: Adativ does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Adativ
Adativ Customer Reviews
Here's What Their Clients Say
|Total Online Complaints||<10|
|Live Customer Support||No|
|Most Common Complaint||N/A|
Clean Complaint Record
We are currently unable to locate any Adativ complaints, and there is no evidence to suggest that the company is a ripoff or a scam. This clean complaint record may be due to the short amount of time that the company has been operational. Low complaint totals are uncommon in the high risk space, as these types of processors typically rack up complaints about fund holds or cancelled accounts.
We have not found any outstanding class-action lawsuits or FTC complaints filed against Adativ. Dissatisfied merchants who wish to pursue a non-litigious course of action against the company should consider reporting it to the relevant supervisory organizations.
Adativ Support Options
Adativ only provides a a general-purpose contact form and email address on its website. This falls short of our expectation of top-rated payment processors for great customer service.
Adativ Online Ratings
Here's How They Rate Online
No Profile Available
The Better Business Bureau does not maintain a profile for Adativ at this time. We therefore will not factor a BBB rating into this review.
Adativ Fees, Rates & Costs
A Closer Look at The Contract
|Swiped Rate||1.00% - 4.99%+|
|Keyed-In Rate||1.00% - 4.99%+|
|Early Termination Fee||Variable|
|PCI Compliance Fee||Variable|
|Equipment Lease Terms||Variable|
Adativ Contract Terms
There is no publicly available information about the standard Adativ contract, but it’s likely that the company’s pricing will vary from merchant to merchant. It is entirely possible that standard-risk merchants could pay monthly minimum fees, PCI compliance fees, and early termination fees through the company.
Higher Risk, Higher Fees
The CBD industry is currently as high risk as they come, which means that payment processors who serve CBD merchants often charge high rates, require six-month rolling reserves, and enforce very strict chargeback limits. Hemp merchants who opt to work with Adativ should therefore expect more restrictive pricing and contract terms than standard-risk merchants usually receive.
No Red Flags
We cannot find any complaints about Adativ’s contract terms, which suggests that most of its users are satisfied. CBD and hemp merchants, however, should not expect Adativ’s pricing to compete with the cheapest merchant accounts. If you have any information about the standard Adativ agreement, please share it in the comment section below.
Adativ Employee Reviews & Sales Tacitcs
Should You Work For Them?
|Employs Independent Resellers||No|
|Advertises Deceptive Rates||No|
|Discloses All Important Terms||No|
In-House Sales Team
Adativ appears to market itself primarily through web advertising and referrals. There is no evidence that the company hires independent sales agents, and we have seen no Adativ complaints that mention deceptive sales conduct or misleading rate quotes.
No Rate Quotes
The Adativ website does not list any misleading rate quotes or unrealistic guarantees. For now, we don’t see any reason to warn merchants against Adativ. However, if you believe that the company has misrepresented itself to you, you can double-check your monthly bill with a third-party statement audit.
Copyright © 2023 CardPaymentOptions.com, Inc. (Digital Fingerprint: 0d38c6720f0d78a701b74d58653af608). Getting paid to re-write this page? Click here to earn a reward.
Any unauthorized copying and reproduction of the content of this page, including all meta data and computer code, is strictly prohibited. While the information in the above article is believed to be accurate as of its publish date, the author and publisher make no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of the contents. The author and publisher shall in no event be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of this material, which is provided “as is,” and without warranties. Any and all use of trade names and/or marks are for identification purposes only and shall not be construed as a claim of affiliation, or otherwise, with CardPaymentOptions.com, Inc. ("CPO") in any form. The sole purpose of the material presented herein is to alert, educate, and inform readers. It is not intended as legal or financial advice. We may earn revenue if you obtain services from a provider that we recommend. See this page to learn how we support our operations.