1/18/2021 Update: As the Adativ website is no longer active, it appears the company is no longer in business. All current information reflects information available as of August 2019. Moving forward, CardPaymentOptions.com will no longer update this review.
High Risk Specialists
Headquartered in the Channel Islands, Adativ (adativ.com) is a merchant account provider that serves both standard and high risk business types. The company distinguishes itself from its competitors by openly advertising that it can process payments for CBD vendors and other extremely high risk industries.
Adativ CBD Requirements
The Adativ website clearly lists the company’s requirements for CBD merchants who wish to obtain payment processing:
1. Merchants should only be shipping to countries in which the products are legal. If a CBD merchant still wishes to ship to certain countries that ADATIV do not support, transactions from such countries will be blocked on our payment system. At present, transactions from the countries listed below will be blocked on our CBD payment processing solution. However, since international legislation is continuously changing the list may change: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, New Zealand, Russia and Slovakia. CBD Merchants from the USA will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
2. All products are to be in line with EU legislation, with THC levels below 0.2%. CBD Merchants will need to provide independent certificates that confirm the THC levels are within EU thresholds, and that the products are derived from industrial hemp.
3. CBD Merchant websites must clearly state that all products are extracted from industrial hemp.
4. Products and websites claiming to provide medical benefits will not be approved (e.g. products that claim to cure conditions or diseases etc.)
5. No subscription billing
6. EU company – we currently only work with EU Acquiring solutions for our custom built CBD payment processing solution. Therefore you will need an EU company to apply. We can assist you with incorporating your EU company.
7. Start-up businesses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis but we do work with many start-ups.
Adativ Location and Ownership
Adativ is headquartered at Forum 4, Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, and does not publicly list its partner banks. Adativ also does not publicly disclose the identities of its executive team.
Adativ Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Adativ offers variable contract terms depending on each merchant’s business type, location, and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Adativ has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Adativ does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: Adativ does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Adativ