Adyen May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Adyen or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
A Global Payment Processor
Headquartered in Amsterdam, Adyen is a merchant account provider that offers online, mobile, and in-person international payment processing. The company prominently advertises interchange-plus pricing. The service claims that it was founded in 2006 and that it is a direct global processor with Visa and MasterCard that can process and settle payments in any country or currency. In December 2014, Adyen raised $250 million in venture capital to expand its payments platform. As of February 2017, it claims to process more than $90 billion internationally per year resulting in revenues reaching $727 million. In February 2018, the online marketplace eBay announced plans to gradually replace its default payment processor PayPal with Adyen over the next three years, and the process is already underway. Adyen is partnered with numerous acquiring banks in order to process payments internationally and claims to be a direct processor.
Adyen Headquarters and Ownership
Adyen’s global headquarters can be found at Simon Carmiggeltstraat 6-50, 1011 DJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands, while its U.S. office is located at 274 Brannan Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, California 94107. The co-founder, president, and CEO of Adyen is Pieter van der Does.
Adyen Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Adyen offers a month-to-month contract with interchange-plus pricing and no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Adyen has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Adyen has a “C+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 2 complaints and 1 review in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Adyen does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Adyen
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.