Established in 1872
BB&T Merchant Services is a division of Branch Banking & Trust Company, a publicly-traded financial services and banking network (NYSE: BBT), that was initially founded in 1872. The company has operated under the BB&T name since 1913 and is currently one of the ten largest commercial banks in the United States.
Headquarters and Ownership
BB&T Merchant Services appears to be partnered with TSYS to provide its merchant accounts. BB&T is headquartered at 110 South Stratford Road, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27104. Kelly King is listed as the chairman and CEO of BB&T. In December 2019 BB&T Bank merged with Suntrust bank to form Truist Financial. According to announcements on both websites customers will not have to change any account details at this time, but it appears both the Suntrust and BB&T brand could be scaled back in the near future. Kelly King is also listed as the CEO of Truist Financial.
BB&T Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: BB&T Merchant Services appears to offer a 3-year contract through TSYS with tiered and interchange-plus pricing and an early termination fee of either $195 or $295.
- Complaints & Service: BB&T Merchant Services has received greater than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: BB&T has an “A+” rating and has received 861 complaints and 224 reviews in the past three years. The BBB profile is now listed under the Truist Bank name and is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Sales & Marketing: BB&T Merchant Services appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received a few complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With BB&T Merchant Services