Payment Processing For E-Commerce Merchants
DalPay is an Iceland-based merchant account provider specializing in e-commerce solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. The company is owned by Snorasson Holdings and is a sister entity to the high risk payment processing specialist CCNow.
DalPay Gateway vs. DalPay Retail
DalPay is divided into two organizations: DalPay Gateway and DalPay Retail. DalPay Gateway appears to exclusively focus on providing e-commerce software for airlines and travel businesses, while DalPay Retail offers international e-commerce plugins for all retail business types. Both divisions operate under the DalPay brand, but DalPay Retail is more likely to be the entity that a merchant deals with.
DalPay Location and Ownership
Although DalPay is based at The Harbour Square Building, Hafnartorg, Dalvík, Iceland, it appears that the company still does most of its business with U.S. merchants and converts all payments to USD by default. The company’s current processor and acquiring bank are not listed on its website. Bjorn Snorasson is listed as the CEO of Snorasson Holdings.
DalPay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: DalPay offers a pay-as-you-go rate of 4.9% plus $0.40 with no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: DalPay has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: DalPay (as CCNow) has a “D-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 22 complaints and 4 reviews in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: DalPay does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any merchant complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With DalPay