GoEmerchant (goemerchant.com) is a small merchant account provider based in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, with a founding year of 1995. The company got its start by developing e-commerce solutions and then expanded into various other electronic payment solutions. Despite its many years in business, GoEmerchant reports that it manages only about 20,000 merchant accounts. The company’s small size should not be considered as a strike against it because the company seems to have kept its merchant customers satisfied over the years.
There is some evidence indicating that GoEmerchant is a subsidiary of First American Payment Systems, a company with a very high number of complaints filed against it. Although GoEmerchant does not appear to be showing anywhere close to the number of negative reviews received by its parent company, merchants should be aware of this relationship. Gary Dvorkin is listed as the CEO of GoEmerchant, which is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Sales & Marketing: GoEmerchant appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received a few complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: GoEmerchant appears to offer variable contract terms through First American Payment Systems that may include a $495 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: GoEmerchant has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: GoEmerchant has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received two complaints in the past two years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With GoEmerchant