A Cielo Company
Merchant e-Solutions is a merchant account provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, that provides credit card processing services for most business needs, including global payments and e-commerce. The company’s website states that it was founded in early 2000 by a team of mostly former executives of Bank of America Merchant Services and has since been acquired by a Brazil-based merchant services provider called Cielo S.A. Additionally, Merchant e-Solutions claims to process over $17 billion in transactions annually and support 150 global currencies. As of 2020, it appears that the Merchant e-Solutions name is being phased out and and rebranded as MerchantE. The original website now redirects to www.merchante.com along with the Better Business Bureau’s page pointing users to MerchantE’s BBB listing. This comes shortly after the company’s announcement in April 2020 that it would be partnering with Payouts Network, but the exact details of this strategic partnership are unknown.
Headquarters and Ownership
MerchantE, Inc. is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California, and Synovus Bank, Columbus, Georgia, with headquarters located at 1150 Sanctuary Pkwy STE 300 Alpharetta, GA 30009. Mike Rouse is the CEO of MerchantE.
Merchant e-Solutions Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Merchant e-Solutions offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $300 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Merchant e-Solutions has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Merchant e-Solutions has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaints in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2013. MerchanE maintains a BBB listing which also has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaint in the past 3 years. MerchantE has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since June 2020.
- Sales & Marketing: Merchant e-Solutions hires independent sales representatives and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Merchant e-Solutions