Update 3/8/2019: Phone Swipe’s website (phoneswipe.com) now redirects to PayAnywhere. As of May 2018, North American Bancard replaced its Phone Swipe mobile payment processing services with PayAnywhere, stating that the latter would offer the same services and functionality as Phone Swipe. For up-to-date information about this company, see our PayAnywhere Review.
Phone Swipe (phoneswipe.com) is a mobile payment processing service provided by North American Bancard. Created in 2007, Phone Swipe allows merchants and individuals to accept credit and debit card payments via their Android phone, iPhone, or iPad using a small magnetic stripe card reader. Phone Swipe does not appear to offer an EMV-compatible reader at this time. Phone Swipe is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Walnut Creek, California, and is located at 111 North Harbor Blvd. #2, Fullerton, California 92832. The president and CEO of North American Bancard is Marc Gardner.
- Sales & Marketing: Phone Swipe does not promote misleading rate quotes on its website, but it has received complaints about undisclosed fees.
- Costs & Contract: Phone Swipe offers a free card swiper and fixed per-transaction pricing, but some merchants complain of undisclosed monthly minimum fees and fees upon termination.
- Complaints & Service: Phone Swipe has received over 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Phone Swipe has an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 15 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Phone Swipe