Formerly Known as “Merchant Consulting Group”
Founded in 2005, Paystri is a merchant account provider that serves most standard business types. The company operated under the name “Merchant Consulting Group” until 2018, when it rebranded to Paystri. Despite its baking-themed branding, the company also resells First Data and Clover products for merchants outside of the restaurant industry.
Paystri Location and Ownership
Paystri is headquartered at 201 Washington St #214, Salem, Massachusetts 01970, and is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA. Jonathan Arst is the CEO of Paystri. In December 2019, Pineapple Payments announced a strategic partnership and acquisition of Paystri’s portfolio. Brian Shanahan is the CEO of Pineapple Payments.
Paystri Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Paystri appears to offer variable contract terms depending on each merchant’s business type and processing history. Alternatively, merchants can choose a month-to-month contract.
- Complaints & Service: Paystri has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Paystri currently has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Paystri hires independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Paystri