Sage Payment Solutions Overview
UPDATE 2/12/2019: Sage Payment Solutions changed its name to Paya (paya.com) in January 2018. See our Paya review for up-to-date information about this company.
Sage Payment Solutions (na.sage.com/sage-payment-solutions/) is an international merchant account provider that has been in business since 1989. Sage has traditionally specialized in payroll and accounting services for businesses, but it has also managed to carve out a solid share of the payments market in both the U.S. and UK. In August 2017, a private equity firm named GTCR acquired Sage Payment Solutions from the Sage Group.The company is a registered ISO/MSP of BMO Harris Bank N.A., HSBC Bank USA, National Association of Buffalo New York, and of Chase Paymentech Solutions. Sage’s U.S. headquarters can be found at 271 17th Street Northwest, Atlanta, Georgia 30363, and the company also has several other offices located throughout the United States and Canada. Joe Kaplan is listed as the CEO of Sage Payment Solutions.
- Sales & Marketing: Sage Payment Solutions appears to hire independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Sage Payment Solutions appears to offer a multi-year contract with a liquidated damages-style early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Sage Payment Solutions has received more than 40 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Sage Payment Solutions has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 28 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Sage Payment Solutions
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.