First Data (Fiserv) Reseller
SunTrust Merchant Services is a credit card processing division of SunTrust Bank, which is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. SunTrust is a reseller of First Data (Fiserv) merchant accounts and Clover as a POS solution. This means that merchants who sign up for credit card processing through SunTrust will receive the services and customer support of First Data (Fiserv).
SunTrust Merchant Services Payment Processing
SunTrust Merchant Services offers payment processing for most major debit and credit cards, as well as checks and gift cards, for most business types. Their services include POS systems and card swipers from First Data and Clover, mobile solutions also from Clover, data reporting and insights, rewards, and e-commerce solutions and security.
Transitioning to Truist
In December 2019, SunTrust Bank merged with Branch Banking and Trust Company, a North Carolina banking corporation (BB&T), to create Truist. SunTrust still maintains its own separate website for merchant services, though particular services are slowly migrating to the Truist brand. Please read our Truist Bank review for more information.
Location and Ownership
SunTrust Bank’s corporate headquarters is located at 303 Peachtree Street North East, Atlanta, Georgia, and Eric Mann is listed as the company’s sales and marketing manager for its Virginia location. William H. Rogers Jr. is listed as the president and COO of Truist Financial Corporation.
SunTrust Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: SunTrust Merchant Services offers variable contract terms that may take the form of a three-year agreement with an early termination fee of $500.
- Complaints & Service: SunTrust Merchant Services has received more than 250 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: SunTrust Merchant Services (as Truist) has an “A+” rating and has received 1,695 complaints and 383 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited with the BBB since 1986.
- Sales & Marketing: SunTrust Merchant Services does not appear to hire independent sales representatives but has received a low number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With SunTrust Merchant Services