An International E-Commerce Payment Processor
Headquartered in London, Allied Wallet is a rapidly growing merchant account provider that specializes in e-commerce payment processing for small to medium sized businesses. The company, which was founded in 2002, appears to utilize First Data as its processing network but may also be partnered with other international companies and banks. Andy Khawaja is the CEO of Allied Wallet.
Allied Wallet Overseas Operations
Allied Wallet claims to service 88 million users worldwide and claimed to process $55 billion in 2013, but the company has received very little coverage in the U.S. and is not showing very many reviews online. This is likely due to the fact that Allied Wallet appears to operate most heavily in Asia (specifically Russia and China) and the UK. In fact, Allied Wallet was the first company to win the international rights to transact renminbi online, which has helped it to secure a large foothold in the growing Chinese e-commerce market.
Allied Wallet Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Allied Wallet lists its base rates, but its contract terms will vary depending on the merchant’s country of origin and business type.
- Complaints & Service: Allied Wallet has received more than 35 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Allied Wallet has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 4 complaints in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Allied Wallet has a history of utilizing misleading sales tactics, but it appears to have changed its approach in recent years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Allied Wallet