Allied Wallet Overview
An International E-Commerce Payment Processor
Headquartered in London, Allied Wallet (alliedwallet.com) is a rapidly growing merchant account provider that specializes in e-commerce payment processing. The company, which was founded in 2002, appears to utilize First Data as its processing network but may also be partnered with other international companies and banks. Andy Khawaja is the CEO of Allied Wallet.
Allied Wallet Overseas Operations
Allied Wallet claims to service 88 million users worldwide and claimed to process $55 billion in 2013, but the company has received very little coverage in the U.S. and is not showing very many reviews online. This is likely due to the fact that Allied Wallet appears to operate most heavily in Asia (specifically Russia and China) and the UK. In fact, Allied Wallet was the first company to win the international rights to transact renminbi online, which has helped it to secure a large foothold in the growing Chinese e-commerce market.
2010 FBI Settlement
Allied Wallet reached a civil settlement with the FBI in 2010 for a sum of $13.3 million, which the FBI had seized in an online gambling raid. According to the FBI, Allied Wallet knowingly partnered with a Scottsdale, Arizona-based bank to process offshore wire transfers and other payments related to gambling through an Isle of Man company called Pokerstars. Allied Wallet forfeited the total amount seized by the FBI and has not been cited for similar illegal activity since the ruling.
Allied Wallet Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Allied Wallet lists its base rates, but its contract terms will vary depending on the merchant’s country of origin and business type.
- Complaints & Service: Allied Wallet has received more than 35 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Allied Wallet has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received four complaints in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Allied Wallet has a history of utilizing misleading sales tactics, but it appears to have changed its approach in recent years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Allied Wallet
Allied Wallet Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Allied Wallet merchant account statement. Not with Allied Wallet? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any statement. In fact, We've found $777,476 in hidden fees in 2019 already! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.