Capital Bankcard (capitalbankcard.com) is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types in the U.S. There may be some confusion about this processor because there is an independent reseller that goes by the name of “First Capital Bankcard.” Capital Bankcard has an independent reseller/agent program that allows other companies and individuals to resell its services, and First Capital Bankcard is one of those resellers. “First Capital Bankcard” is not a processor, but is actually a company called the “Greengold Consulting Corp” which markets Capital Bankcard credit card processing with the domain name of firstcapitalbankcard.com.
Capital Bankcard is an outside sales branch of Cayan. The company is a registered ISO and MSP with Visa and MasterCard and is also able to set up Discover Card and American Express processing, which merchants usually have to do in a separate application. Capital Bankcard has been in business since 1998 and boasts that it manages over 80,000 merchant accounts, processes over 7 million transactions per month, and has over 170 dedicated employees. Capital Bankcard uses First Data for the actual processing of the card transactions, but First Data plays a minimal role beyond that. Customer service is provided and the accounts are managed by Capital Bankcard’s in-house team. Capital Bankcard is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and Henry Helgeson is listed as the CEO of Cayan/Capital Bankcard.
- Sales & Marketing: Capital Bankcard appears to hire independent sales representatives but has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Capital Bankcard appears to offer variable contract terms through First Data.
- Complaints & Service: Capital Bankcard has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Capital Bankcard has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 13 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Capital Bankcard