Capital Bankcard (capitalbankcard.com) is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types in the U.S. Capital Bankcard is an outside sales branch of Cayan. The company is a registered ISO and MSP with Visa and MasterCard and is also able to set up Discover Card and American Express processing, which merchants usually have to do in a separate application. Capital Bankcard has been in business since 1998 and boasts that it manages over 80,000 merchant accounts, processes over 7 million transactions per month, and has over 170 dedicated employees. Capital Bankcard uses First Data for the actual processing of the card transactions, but First Data plays a minimal role beyond that. Customer service is provided and the accounts are managed by Capital Bankcard’s in-house team. Capital Bankcard is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and Henry Helgeson is listed as the CEO of Cayan/Capital Bankcard.
- Sales & Marketing: Capital Bankcard appears to hire independent sales representatives but has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: Capital Bankcard appears to offer variable contract terms through First Data.
- Complaints & Service: Capital Bankcard has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Capital Bankcard has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 15 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Capital Bankcard