Cayan May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Cayan or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
Updated 2/4/2019: Cayan appears to have been fully absorbed into TSYS and no longer operates as an independent brand. Cayan’s website (cayan.com) redirects to the TSYS homepage and its various business profiles state that Cayan is now TSYS. We will therefore no longer update this review. See our TSYS review for up-to-date information on the company.
Cayan (cayan.com) is a merchant account provider headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Formerly known as “Merchant Warehouse,” the company rebranded at the beginning of 2015 to a name that “better communicated [its] bold vision.” The company was founded in 1998 and was an early leader in internet payments. It has since grown into a very large processor with over 30,000 merchants and $7 billion per year in payments processed. TSYS acquired Cayan in January 2018, but Cayan appears to operate as an independent brand for the time being.
Cayan’s flagship product is its cloud-based customer service platform called “Cayan Genius.” The company can provide payment processing for most business types and sizes. Cayan is a registered ISO/MSP of US Bank, Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. The company is headquartered at 1 Federal St, Boston, Massachusetts 02110. Henry Helgeson is Cayan’s CEO.
- Sales & Marketing: Cayan appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received a few dozen complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Cayan offers a month-to-month contract through TSYS with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Cayan has received more than 120 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Cayan has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 95 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Cayan
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.