UPDATE 2/18/19: Capital Processing Network has been completely rebranded to Nuvei. We therefore will no longer update this review. See our Nuvei review for up-to-date information about this company.
Capital Processing Network (cpnusa.com) is a merchant account provider located in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company entered the credit card processing industry in 2006. Capital Processing Network is a small operator among the numerous merchant account providers out there, but it does have a very professional website which adds to the company’s credibility. Pivotal Payments acquired Capital Processing Network in 2014. Capital Processing Network, LLC is a registered ISO/MSP of Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah; Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California; and BMO Harris Bank, N.A., Chicago, Illinois. Jeff Stephan is the company’s CEO.
It’s worth noting that a 2012 news story by CBS 5 in Arizona outlined Capital Processing Network’s employment practices of hiring convicted felons, some with a history of fraud and identity theft. The full story can be found on the CBS 5 website, with a follow-up story here. A video of the report can be seen below:
CPN News Report Video
- Sales & Marketing: Capital Processing Network appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Capital Processing Network appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of up to $495.
- Complaints & Service: Capital Processing Network has received more than 60 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Capital Processing Network has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 18 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Capital Processing Network