UPDATE 2/15/19: Celerus Payments is no longer an active brand. A Talus Pay representative has contacted us to state that the Celerus brand has been retired, and that the company does not intend to market under the Celerus name in the future. We therefore will no longer update this review. See our Talus Pay review for up-to-date information about this company.
Celerus Payments (celeruspay.com) is a Dallas, Texas-based merchant account provider that appears to be a newly created DBA of Future Payment Technologies, which is itself a DBA of Crescent Processing Company and Park Central Company. It appears that another DBA called Talus Payments has been launched around the same time as Celerus. All five companies share the same address and sell the services of Crescent Processing Company, so merchants should expect costs and policies to remain consistent across all five. Celerus Payments is technically a registered trademark of FPT Operating Company (possibly short for “Future Payment Technologies Operating Company”), which may be the umbrella entity that the owners of this company are now using to launch new brands. Like its affiliated businesses, the company is headquartered at 12700 Park Central Drive, Dallas, Texas, 75251. Celerus Payments is a registered ISO/MSP of Synovus Bank, Columbus, Georgia. Chad Smith was listed as the CEO of Future Payment Technologies, but the only confirmed executive of Celerus that we can currently find is Cindy Thompson, the vice president of client services.
- Sales & Marketing: Celerus Payments appears to hire independent sales agents but has not yet received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Celerus Payments appears to offer a multi-year contract with an early termination fee of $495 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Celerus Payments has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Celerus Payments has an “A-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints since its profile was created in February 2017.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Celerus Payments