Citigroup’s Merchant Services Division
Citi Merchant Services is the merchant account division of Citigroup. Founded in 1812 under the name City Bank of New York, the company did not assume the name Citigroup until the $140 billion merger of Citicorp and Travelers Group in 1998. Citigroup is currently the third-largest bank holding company in the U.S., and it boasts the world’s largest financial services network.
A First Data Reseller
Citi Merchant Services is a reseller of First Data merchant services, so the company may not directly service its merchant accounts. Citigroup is headquartered at 399 Park Avenue, New York City, New York 10019. Michael L. Corbat is the global head of the retail bank and consumer lending division at Citi.
Citi Merchant Services Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Citi Merchant Services appears to offer variable contract terms through First Data depending on each merchant’s business type.
- Complaints & Service: Citi Merchant Services has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Citi Merchant Services has no dedicated profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Citi Merchant Services appears to hire independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Citi Merchant Services