New Name, Same Services
ClearGate, formerly known as ClearChoice Merchant Services, is a merchant account provider headquartered in Reno, Nevada. The company appears to have changed its name in 2014, however, the domain once registered to ClearChoice redirects to ClearGate’s current website, meaning it likely does not operate under its other DBA any longer. There is some evidence that ClearGate is a reseller of First Data contracts. Additionally, the company advertises virtual terminal and payment gateway services to merchants.
ClearGate Headquarters and Ownership
ClearGate is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., in Concord, California, and is located at 9736 S Virginia St Ste A, Reno, NV 89511-5902. Robert Onesian is listed as the founder of ClearGate.
ClearGate Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: ClearGate offers a three-year contract through First Data with an early termination fee of $250-$350.
- Complaints & Service: ClearGate has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: ClearGate has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2006.
- Sales & Marketing: ClearGate employs independently contracted sales agents, which has resulted in some complaints about undisclosed fees.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With ClearGate