ClearGate (cleargate.com), formerly known as ClearChoice Merchant Services (myclearchoice.com), is a merchant account provider headquartered in Reno, Nevada. The company appears to have changed its name in 2014, so it’s possible that it still conducts some business under the name of ClearChoice. There is some evidence that ClearGate is a reseller of First Data contracts. ClearGate is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., in Walnut Creek, California, and is located at 639 Isbell Rd., Ste 330, Reno, Nevada 89509. Pete Pistone is listed as the vice president of operations at ClearGate.
- Sales & Marketing: ClearGate employs independently contracted sales agents, which has resulted in some complaints about undisclosed fees.
- Costs & Contract: ClearGate offers a three-year contract through First Data with an early termination fee of $250-$350.
- Complaints & Service: ClearGate has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: ClearGate has an “A+” rating with the BBB and has not received any complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With ClearGate