Sold to Aurora Payments
Entrust Bankcard is a Mesa, Arizona-based merchant account provider that was founded in 2006. The company offers both traditional and high risk merchant accounts. According to the LinkedIn profile of former Entrust Bankcard CEO Nathan Reis:
“Entrust Bankcard was sold to Aurora Payments, a large payments industry ISO in 2014. Entrust Bankcard was a two time Inc 500 | 5000 fastest growing private companies in the US. Sales operations began to wind down in May of 2012.”
This seems to suggest that the Entrust Bankcard brand was discontinued upon its acquisition by Aurora Payments, but the company’s website is active and it has received public complaints within the last few years. Additionally, the company lists Bill Richardson as its current CEO. The change in leadership following its acquisition by Aurora Payments may indicate that it still operates as a DBA of that company. This review will treat the company as an active entity for now, despite some evidence that it has been rebranded and restructured multiple times.
Headquartered in Arizona
Entrust Bankcard appears to share a large number of current or former employees with Allied Commercial Financial, MobiSquad, and Paradigm Direct, all credit card processors based in the Phoenix, Arizona, area. Nathan Reis is also listed as the current founder and CEO of a company called Railway Technologies. Entrust Bankcard is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California, and of HSBC Bank, N.A., Buffalo, New York. The company is headquartered at 1255 W. Baseline Road, #D288, Mesa, AZ.
Entrust Bankcard Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Entrust Bankcard offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $500.
- Complaints & Service: Entrust Bankcard has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Entrust Bankcard has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints in the last 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Entrust Bankcard appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Entrust Bankcard