Updated 12/19/2018: Payleven appears to have been fully absorbed into the SumUp brand, and it appears that the company no longer boards new merchants under the name “Payleven.” As a result, we will no longer update this review. See our SumUp review for up-to-date information about this company.
Launched in 2012, Payleven (payleven.com) is an international mobile payment processor that allows merchants to accept debit and credit card payments via iPhone and Android-based smartphones and tablets using an app and free chip-and-PIN reader. The service is similar to U.S.-based services like Square and GoPayment and faces competition in Europe from apps like iZettle.
In April 2016, Payleven merged with its competitor SumUp, and both companies agreed to retain the SumUp name for their products. Currently, the transition to the SumUp brand has not been finalized in all markets, so we will assess Payleven as though it is a separate company. Merchants should expect, however, that “Payleven” will ultimately become SumUp in every meaningful way. Payleven’s services are currently available in Brazil, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, and the United Kingdom. Konstatin Wolff is listed as the founder and CMO of Payleven, which is headquartered in London and Berlin.
- Sales & Marketing: Payleven does not appear to hire independent sales representatives and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Payleven offers a month-to-month contract with a flat per-transaction fee and no termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Payleven has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Payleven does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Payleven
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.