A Powerful E-Commerce Platform
Formerly known as “Demandware,” Salesforce Commerce Cloud is an e-commerce merchant account solution offered by Salesforce. From 2004 to 2016, the product was sold by Demandware as an enterprise-class, cloud-based payment platform. Salesforce acquired Demandware for $2.8 billion in 2016 and renamed its flagship product Salesforce Commerce Cloud. The product’s branding, including its URL, has been integrated under the Salesforce umbrella.
Based in Massachusetts
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is headquartered at 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 and does not disclose its acquiring bank or back-end processor though customer reviews reflect that Salesforce has retained the back-end integration previously provided by Demandware in an effort to provide consistency. Marc Benioff is the CEO of Salesforce.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Salesforce Commerce Cloud appears to offer variable contract terms that will depend on each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Salesforce Commerce Cloud has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Salesforce Commerce Cloud does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Salesforce Commerce Cloud does not appear to hire independent resellers and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Salesforce Commerce Cloud