International Payment Specialists
Founded in 2012, Checkout.com is a merchant account provider that specializes in processing international payments for e-commerce businesses. According to the pricing section of its website, the company offers merchants interchange-plus or flat rate pricing options. The company is similar to Stripe or 2Checkout in that it bundles its payment gateway with a merchant account as part of an all-in-one software solution. Checkout.com was originally known as “Opus Payments” before changing its name to Checkout.com in April 2012. The company supports payments in 159 currencies with 18 different payment methods, including six alternative payment methods such as digital wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Location and Ownership
Checkout.com has multiple offices throughout the world, but its U.S. office is located at 548 Market St, San Francisco, California 94104. Guillaume Pousaz is the founder and CEO of Checkout.com.
Checkout.com Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Checkout.com offers interchange-plus pricing under month-to-month contracts with no early termination fees.
- Complaints & Service: Checkout.com has received fewer than 15 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Checkout.com does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Checkout.com does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Checkout.com