E-Commerce For a Global Market
2Checkout is an electronic payment service (merchant account alternative) founded in 2000 that allows merchants to accept online credit card payments from customers in their home country and abroad. Also called “2CO,” 2Checkout offers similar services to those of PayPal and Stripe. Unlike some of its competitors, however, 2Checkout does not solicit the merchant’s customer to sign up for a 2Checkout account and simply lets the customer pay by using a credit or debit card (among a few other options). 2Checkout was acquired by an e-commerce company called Avangate in April 2017, but the combined organizations will continue operating as 2Checkout going forward. For the purposes of this 2Checkout review, we’ll be focusing on the company’s credit card and debit card processing services.
Is 2Checkout Holding Your Funds Right Now?
Many merchants have had their payments frozen by 2Checkout. If you’re one of them, then you might find these resources helpful:
- How To Make Your Payment Processor Release Your Money
- How to Fight Chargebacks
- Best Merchant Accounts for E-Commerce
Designed for Online Payments
2Checkout focuses its service solely on providing international online payment options to small and mid-size businesses and claims to have much lower shopping cart abandonment rates than its competitors. This narrow focus also allows 2Checkout’s services to be more feature-rich and centered on the needs of online sellers. The one feature that lacks with 2Checkout is a virtual terminal, unless your business is a non-profit. Therefore, as a default setting, merchants cannot use 2Checkout to enter credit card information by hand. Merchants who are looking for a highly rated virtual terminal provider will need to contact their 2Checkout account representative.
Enabling Payments Around the World
2Checkout customers can choose from eight different payment methods, 15 languages and over 100 different currencies. 2Checkout also serves merchants in 25 other countries outside of the U.S. 2Checkout’s U.S. headquarters can be found at 9040 Roswell Rd, Ste 450, Atlanta, Georgia 30350. The founder and chairman of 2Checkout is Alan Homewood, while the CEO is Alex Hart.
2Checkout Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: 2Checkout offers a month-to-month agreement with no early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: 2Checkout has received more than 500 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: 2Checkout has an “A+” rating and has received 38 complaints and 11 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2001.
- Sales & Marketing: 2Checkout does not hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With 2Checkout