Swypit May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through Swypit or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
Offering Merchant Services Since 2000
Swypit is a merchant account provider headquartered in Frisco, Texas. Founded in 2000, the company is a former reseller of another provider called Meridian Payment Systems, which was itself a reseller of NPC/Vantiv merchant services. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio. Merchants should note that Meridian Payment Systems (Swypit’s former backend processor) may or may not maintain a website at the domain meridianpaymentsystems.com. A Swypit representative has informed us that this company is not related to Swypit.
Headquartered in Frisco, Texas
Swypit is located at 3001 Dallas Pkwy #120b, Frisco, Texas 75034. According to the Better Business Bureau, Kevin Hodes is the president and CEO of Swypit.
Swypit Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Swypit offers a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $275 that is waived if a merchant declines free equipment.
- Complaints & Service: Swypit has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Swypit has an “A+” rating and has received 0 complaints and 1 review in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2013.
- Sales & Marketing: Swypit hires independent sales agents but has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Swypit
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.