Top Tier Payment Solutions Overview
A Likely DBA of Tier 1 Processing
With no functioning website or public profiles to speak of, Top Tier Payment Solutions is a challenging merchant account provider to review. The available evidence suggests, however, that the company is simply an alternate business name used by the poorly rated company Tier 1 Processing. For the purposes of this review, we will operate under this assumption.
We have located dozens of online complaints from the past 3 years alleging that Top Tier and Tier 1 engage in a process called “slamming.” Complainants claim to receive calls from Tier 1 Processing (which also goes by the name “Main Street Processing” and appears to go by the names “Challas Group” and “Wholesale Banc“) in which the caller states that the merchant’s account has been “flagged” or “red-flagged” for overpaying on processing fees. When pressed about the organization they represent, the caller states that they are with “Visa,” “Visa/MasterCard,” or, simply, “the processor.” The caller then requests information such as the merchant’s tax ID number, merchant ID number, and two months of credit card statements in order to “modify” the merchant’s rates. Merchants who question the caller’s identity or motives claim to experience high-pressure tactics, stalling, and outright deception from the caller. Merchants who consent to the caller’s requests eventually receive a contract from Tier 1 Processing/Main Street Processing/Datalink Bankcard Services and are then ushered into the signup process.
Verify Caller Identity
These online complainants allege a systemic effort by the company to attract new merchants by confusing and pressuring them into unwanted contracts. The practice of slamming is questionably legal and can result in the merchant paying thousands of dollars in excessive fees. Merchants should understand that Visa and MasterCard will never contact them for a rate review, and they should be sure to contact their processor directly if they suspect that they’ve been contacted by an impostor.
Tier 1 Processing Location and Ownership
According to the Better Business Bureau, Tier 1 Processing shares an address with Datalink Bankcard Processing at 3505 Token Dr, Richardson, Texas. The BBB also states that Steve Odom is the president of Datalink Bankcard Services.
Top Tier Payment Solutions Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Top Tier Payment Solutions appears to offer a three-year contract through First Data with a $250 early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: Top Tier Payment Solutions has received more than 30 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Top Tier Payment Solutions does not have a rating with the Better Business Bureau and has not received any complaints in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Top Tier Payment Solutions appears to hire independent sales agents and has received a relatively high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Top Tier Payment Solutions
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.