A Processor of Several Names
Main Street Processing is a Richardson, Texas-based merchant account provider that appears to be an alternate business name of Datalink Bankcard Services, Tier 1 Processing, TriData, Inc., Venture Processing, and Consolidated Payment Services. There is also evidence to suggest that the company operates under the names “Challas Group” and “Wholesale Banc.” Given its affiliation with Datalink, Main Street is most likely a First Data or Merrick Bank reseller.
Main Street Processing Location and Ownership
The Main Street website at one point stated that the company’s “experience in payment processing extends back as far as 1989,” but it’s likely that this phrase refers to the founding year of Datalink Bankcard Services rather than that of Main Street. It should be noted that Main Street, Datalink, Tier 1, TriData, Venture Processing, Challas Group, Wholesale Banc, and Consolidated Payment Services all appear to have been different names used by the same entity at various points over the past 25 years. Steve Odom is listed as the principal for TriData, Inc., Consolidated Payment Services, and Datalink Bankcard Services.
At the time of our last update, the Better Business Bureau listed Scott Stauffer, the vice president of Datalink, as the principal for Main Street Processing, while Steve Odom is currently listed as its CEO. Scott Stauffer also served as the vice president of operations at Crescent Processing Company (now Talus Payments) from 2006 to 2009, although there does not appear to be a link between Crescent and Datalink at this time. Tier 1 Processing has a very limited web presence but appears to share an address with all of these companies at 3505 Token Dr, Richardson, Texas 75082. Main Street Processing is a registered ISO/MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, California and of Merrick Bank, South Jordan, Utah.
Main Street Processing Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Main Street Processing appears to offer a three-year contract with a termination fee of $250 or more.
- Complaints & Service: Main Street Processing has received more than 30 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Main Street Processing has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau but has received 11 complaints and 3 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Main Street Processing appears to hire independent sales representatives and has received numerous serious complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Main Street Processing