TransTech Merchant Group (tmg-360.com), along with Summit Merchant Solutions, is a direct sales division of Certified Payment Processing that specializes in marketing merchant accounts to small businesses in the United States. TransTech may also be under the same ownership as or otherwise affiliated with Apex Merchant Group, Appstar Financial and First American Payment Systems as suggested in several merchant reports. The company claims to have been in business since 1996, but the BBB reports the business as starting in 2005. Additionally, there are no complaints filed online prior to 2005, so it appears that TransTech Merchant Group may be listing the start date of Certified Payment Processing as its own. The company’s corporate headquarters is located at 3350 Boyington Drive, Carrollton, Texas 75006. TransTech Merchant Group is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. Tony Norrie is listed as the general manager and principal of TransTech.
- Sales & Marketing: TransTech Merchant Group hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: TransTech Merchant Group appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495.
- Complaints & Service: TransTech Merchant Group has received more than 140 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: TransTech Merchant Group currently has a “D” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 196 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With TransTech Merchant Group