Certified Payment Processing (cpp-360.com) is a merchant account provider launched in 1991. Certified Payment Processing and its partner companies, TransTech Merchant Group and Summit Merchant Solutions, are owned by First American Payment Systems. Certified Payment Processing also provides a variety of point-of-sale and payment processing devices through a partnership with Lease Finance Group, a DBA of Northern Leasing Systems.
A commenter has stated beneath our Apex Merchant Group review that Apex Merchant Group’s portfolio was purchased by First American Payment Systems and was subsequently merged with Certified Payment Processing. This commenter also stated that Andrew Frankel, the CEO of Apex Merchant Group, is now running Certified Payment Processing, and that Certified Payment Processing has launched two DBAs called “Axis Payments” and “Intrepid Payment Processing.” Several of the commenter’s assertions were corroborated in responses from company representatives. There is also some evidence to suggest that the company has recently started operating under the name “Cypress Bay Solutions.” Certified Payment Processing is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati, Ohio, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. The company is located at 3350 Boyington Dr, Carrollton, Texas 75006. Tony Norrie is listed as the president of Certified Payment Processing.
- Sales & Marketing: Certified Payment Processing hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Certified Payment Processing appears to offer a three-year contract through First American Payment Systems with an early termination fee of up to $595.
- Complaints & Service: Certified Payment Processing has received more than 70 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Certified Payment Processing has a “C” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 186 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Certified Payment Processing