Summit Merchant Solutions Overview
UPDATE 2/6/2019: The Summit Merchant Solutions website is no longer active, and the Summit brand appears to have been discontinued. We therefore will no longer update this review. It is reported that many of the people involved with Certified Payment Processing, Apex Merchant Group, and Summit are now operating a business by the name of Cypress Bay Solutions.
Summit Merchant Solutions (sms-360.com) is a Carrolton, Texas-based merchant services provider that focuses primarily on the sales of merchant accounts and credit card processing equipment. This provider lists either 1991 or 2006 as the year it opened its doors. This is because Summit Merchant Solutions is part of the First American Payment Systems network of businesses, but the Summit brand was not launched until 2006. Summit appears to be a more direct subsidiary of Certified Payment Processing than of any other First American companies, but the connections between all of these businesses are not entirely clear at this time.
It has been suggested in various merchant reports that Summit Merchant Solutions may also be affiliated with, or under the same ownership as, the following merchant services providers:
- Trans Tech Merchant Group
- Appstar Financial
- Eliot Management Group
- Apex Merchant Group
- Trinity Merchant Group
- First American Payment Systems
- Certified Payment Processing
Summit Merchant Solutions is a registered ISO/MSP of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati and of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California. The company’s general manager is Tony Norrie.
- Sales & Marketing: Summit Merchant Solutions hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate-to-high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Summit Merchant Solutions appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of $495.
- Complaints & Service: Summit Merchant Solutions has received more than 150 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Summit Merchant Solutions currently has an “A-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 99 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Summit Merchant Solutions
Summit Merchant Solutions Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Summit Merchant Solutions merchant account statement. Not with Summit Merchant Solutions? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Response from Summit Merchant Solutions
Are you with Summit Merchant Solutions? Add your own voice here!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.