UPDATE 2/8/2019: The Intrepid Payment Processing website (intrepidpaymentprocessing.com) is not active at this time, nor are the websites of its affiliated companies Certified Payment Processing (cpp-360.com) or Axis Payments (axispayments.net). It is possible that Intrepid Payment Processing’s management has shifted its focus to Cypress Bay Solutions, which shares the same address as Certified Payment Processing. We will therefore no longer update this review.
Intrepid Payment Processing (intrepidpaymentprocessing.com) is a merchant account provider that appears to be a DBA of Certified Payment Processing and a reseller of First American Payment Systems products and services. A former employee of Apex Merchant Group has stated in the comment section of our Apex Merchant Group review that Apex Merchant Group’s portfolio was merged with Certified Payment Processing following the March 2015 settlement of a legal action against Apex in the state of Minnesota, and that Intrepid Payment Processing and Axis Payments are newly launched DBAs of Certified Payment Processing. The commenter further states that the CEO of Apex Merchant Group, Andrew Frankel, is now “running” Certified Payment Processing. There is some evidence that a new company called “Cypress Bay Solutions” has been created as yet another DBA of Certified Payment Processing.
Intrepid Payment Processing claims to have existed for over 10 years, but its social media profiles have only been active since August 2015. The Intrepid Payment Processing website lists an address at 3350 Boyington Dr., Suite B, Carrollton, Texas 75006, which is also the address for Certified Payment Processing, Summit Merchant Solutions, TransTech Merchant Group, and Axis Payments. The company is a registered ISO of Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Sales & Marketing: Intrepid Payment Processing hires independent sales agents and has received a high number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Costs & Contract: Intrepid Payment Processing appears to offer a multi-year contract through First American Payment Systems with an early termination fee of $495.
- Complaints & Service: Intrepid Payment Processing has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Intrepid Payment Processing has a “B-” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 25 complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Intrepid Payment Processing