XCharge (x-charge.com), also known as Accelerated Payment Technologies (acceleratedpay.com) or, formerly, CAM Commerce, is a merchant account provider headquartered in Pleasant Grove, Utah. “XCharge” appears to be the name of both a product and a DBA of Accelerated Payment Technologies, which was acquired by Global Payments in August 2012. The XCharge website now bears a significant amount of OpenEdge branding, which suggests that it now functions as a department of OpenEdge. This review will evaluate the available information about both company names and treat them as one entity.
XCharge is a registered ISO/MSP of HSBC Bank, National Association in Buffalo, New York, a registered ISO and MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California, and a registered ISO for Synovus Bank in Columbus, Georgia. Robert Cortopassi is listed as the senior vice president and general manager of XCharge, which is headquartered at 2436 W 700 S, Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062-3740.
- Sales & Marketing: XCharge appears to hire independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: XCharge appears to offer a three-year contract through Global Payments with a liquidated damages early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: XCharge has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: XCharge’s alternate name of OpenEdge does not have a rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 21 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With XCharge