Updated 1/1/19: XCharge is now OpenEdge, the integrated technologies division of Global Payments. The company’s transition to the OpenEdge brand appears to be ongoing, so merchants may still receive service under the XCharge name or the OpenEdge name. See our OpenEdge review for up-to-date information about this company.
XCharge (x-charge.com), also known as Accelerated Payment Technologies (acceleratedpay.com) or, formerly, CAM Commerce, is a merchant account provider headquartered in Pleasant Grove, Utah. “XCharge” appears to be the name of both a product and a DBA of Accelerated Payment Technologies, which was acquired by Global Payments in August 2012. The XCharge website now bears a significant amount of OpenEdge branding, which suggests that it now functions as a department of OpenEdge. This review will evaluate the available information about both company names and treat them as one entity.
XCharge is a registered ISO/MSP of HSBC Bank, National Association in Buffalo, New York, a registered ISO and MSP of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California, and a registered ISO for Synovus Bank in Columbus, Georgia. Robert Cortopassi is listed as the senior vice president and general manager of XCharge, which is headquartered at 2436 W 700 S, Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062-3740.
- Sales & Marketing: XCharge appears to hire independent sales agents and has received some complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: XCharge appears to offer a three-year contract through Global Payments with a liquidated damages early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: XCharge has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: XCharge’s alternate name of OpenEdge does not have a rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 21 complaints in the last three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With XCharge