A Division of Global Payments
OpenEdge is a division of Global Payments that specializes in integrated merchant account software. In other words, OpenEdge enables merchants to add third-party and custom software to their existing payment systems. OpenEdge was created following Global Payments’ acquisition of PayPros and XCharge. OpenEdge should not be confused with an identically named business software solution from Progress Software, as the two brands are unrelated.
OpenEdge Payment Processing
OpenEdge processes payments for credit and debit cards for most business types. It boasts cloud-based/SAS solutions, mobile payments, APIs, a client server accessed from a desktop application, e-commerce solutions, solutions for unattended environments, deployed applications for API integration, and a semi-integrated unified commerce solution.
OpenEdge Location and Ownership
OpenEdge is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California; a registered ISO of BMO Harris Bank N.A., Chicago, Illinois; and a registered ISO/MSP of Synovus Bank, Columbus, Georgia. Robert Cortopassi is the senior vice president of OpenEdge which is headquartered at 2578 W 600 N Lindon, UT 84042-1227.
OpenEdge Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: OpenEdge appears to offer a multiyear contract through Global Payments with an early termination fee of $300.
- Complaints & Service: OpenEdge has received more than 50 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: OpenEdge currently has an “A+” rating and has received 23 complaints and 13 reviews n the last 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2012.
- Sales & Marketing: OpenEdge does not appear to hire independent sales representatives but has received a few complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With OpenEdge