CertainPay May Have Overcharged You
If you accepted credit cards through CertainPay or any other credit card processing company between 2017 and 2019, recent changes to the law may entitle you to refunds of certain debit card and credit card processing errors and overcharges. See this post to find out if your were among the businesses affected and to learn how you can get your money back.
Founded By Heartland and Clearent Veterans
Launched in March 2019, Certain Pay is a merchant account provider that serves most standard-risk business types. The company’s founders were formerly employed by Heartland Payment Systems and Clearent, but Certain Pay does not disclose whether it is partnered with either of those companies.
Marshall Sylver Connection
Marshall Sylver is one of the founders of Certain Pay. Before Founding the company, Sylver gained fame as a hypnotist and seminar lecturer for programs focused on self-improvement and personal growth. Syler’s Millionaire Mentorship Program and Turning Point Seminar have been accused of fraud. In 2003, Sylver was tried on multiple charges of fraud relating to the Millionaire Mentorship Program. The plaintiffs in the case alleged that the program did not honor its return of double their initial investment, as the program promised. However, the case ended in a mistrial when the jury could not reach a unanimous decision. Other participants of the program have filed separate cases in small claims court and have received the return on their investment that they were promised.
Certain Pay Location and Ownership
Certain Pay does not provide the identity of its acquiring bank or its address for the public. Adam Niec, Marshall Lowy, and Marshall Sylver are the founders of Certain Pay.
Certain Pay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Certain Pay offers variable contract terms depending on each merchant’s business type and processing history.
- Complaints & Service: Certain Pay has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Certain Pay does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau at this time.
- Sales & Marketing: Certain Pay does not appear to hire independent sales agents and has not received any complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Certain Pay
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.