Payments by Wave Overview
Founded in 2009
Payments by Wave (waveapps.com) is a credit card processing service offered by Wave Accounting Inc., a Toronto-based software provider. Wave was founded in 2009 and has since expanded its its initial service (free online accounting software) to include invoicing, payroll, personal finance, PayPal integration, and receipt management. The company appears to have debuted its debit and credit card processing service in late 2012, with its mobile payment service for iOS still in beta testing.
Payments by Wave Location and Leadership
Payments by Wave offers merchant accounts through Vantiv (and previously used Stripe), but the service is activated through the company’s accounting software rather than through Vantiv’s website. Vantiv is sponsored by Fifth Third Bank as its acquiring bank, and Wave is headquartered at 235 Carlaw Ave, Suite 601 Toronto, Ontario, M4M 2S1. Kirk Simpson is listed as the CEO and co-founder of Wave Accounting.
Payments by Wave Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Payments by Wave offers month-to-month, pay-as-you-go payment processing via Vantiv.
- Complaints & Service: Payments by Wave has received fewer than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Payments by Wave has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 17 complaints in the past three years.
- Sales & Marketing: Payments by Wave does not engage in misleading sales tactics and has not received complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Payments by Wave
Payments by Wave Statement Analyzer
Find hidden fees, pricing errors, and overcharges in your Payments by Wave merchant account statement. Not with Payments by Wave? That's ok, we can find excessive fees in any credit card processing statement. We've already found $1,156,834 in hidden fees this year! Submit a recent statement to try it out for free!
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.