Portland-Based Credit Card Processor
Founded in 2014, Riverside Payments is a Portland-based merchant account provider serving most standard-risk business types. According to the company’s website, they are “rated #1 for bars and restaurants,” however, no citation to a formal ranking substantiates that claim. The company offers multiple POS solutions through Clover, Revel Systems, NCR Silver and TouchBistro.
National Paymentech Connection
According to an old version of the footer on its website and its filing with the Oregon business registry, Riverside Payments appears to have shared an address with National Paymentech at 9600 NE Cascades Parkway STE 220, Portland, Oregon 97220. However, the company’s contact page has also previously listed a different location at 111 SW 5th Ave #3150, Portland, Oregon 97204, and a representative of the company has stated that the company’s offices are actually located at 12500 SE 2nd Circle #240, Vancouver, Washington 98684. Riverside Payments and National Paymentech have both been represented by the law offices of Mark Sampath in the past, and Mr. Sampath currently serves as corporate counsel to National Paymentech. Taken as a whole, these facts seem to suggest that there is some kind of connection between National Paymentech and Riverside Payments. A Riverside Payments representative has stated that the 2 companies previously worked together but have since severed ties.
Riverside Payments Ownership
Brandon Skinner, the president and CEO of Riverside Payments, is a former employee of Expect Payment Solutions, a merchant services provider based in Vancouver, Washington. However, the current owner of Expect Payment Solutions has stated that there is no current affiliation between the 2 companies. Riverside Payments is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, California.
Riverside Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Riverside Payments appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of up to $695. The company utilizes Authorize.Net, Payeezy, and eProcessing Network at online payment gateways for e-commerce merchants.
- Complaints & Service: Riverside Payments has received more than 100 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Riverside Payments currently has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 38 complaints and 231 reviews in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Riverside Payments hires independent sales agents and has received a moderate number of complaints about its sales practices.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Riverside Payments