An OLB Group Product
SecurePay, also known as Secure Pay, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of eVance Processing. The company was originally acquired by Pipeline Data in 2002, but when Pipeline went bankrupt, Calpian Commerce purchased Pipeline’s assets and took over the SecurePay brand. Calpian was then acquired by the Excel Corporation in 2015 and merged into the eVance Processing brand. In 2018, all of these brands were acquired by OLB Group. According to the company’s website, it has a transaction volume of $1.3 billion, processes 23.5 million transactions each year, and currently supports 8,500 merchants.
A Payment Gateway Provider
SecurePay is not a merchant account provider itself but, instead, a payment gateway provider for eVance’s credit card processing services. Merchants may still interact with SecurePay when setting up and using their merchant accounts, but SecurePay may not be directly involved in their pricing or contract terms. SecurePay should not be confused with an Australia-based company called SecurePay (securepay.com.au), which appears to be a completely unrelated organization.
SecurePay Location and Ownership
Although the SecurePay website lists Pipeline Data’s old Georgia headquarters as the location of SecurePay, the Better Business Bureau lists the company’s address as 1515 Hancock St, Quincy, Massachusetts 02169. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of BMO Harris Bank, N.A. of Chicago, Illinois; of Meridian Bank of Devon, Pennsylvania; and of Wells Fargo Bank of Walnut Creek, California. Ronny Yakov is the CEO of OLB Group.
SecurePay Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: SecurePay appears to offer a multi-year agreement with a variable early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: SecurePay has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: SecurePay (as SecurePay.com) has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 0 complaints and 1 review in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: SecurePay appears to hire independent sales representatives but has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With SecurePay