SecurePay (SecurePay.com), also known as Secure Pay, is a wholly owned subsidiary of eVance Processing. The company was originally acquired by Pipeline Data in 2002, but when Pipeline went bankrupt, Calpian Commerce purchased Pipeline’s assets and took over the SecurePay brand. Calpian was then acquired by the Excel Corporation in 2015 and merged into the eVance Processing brand. Possibly based in Alpharetta, Georgia, SecurePay is not a merchant account provider itself but, instead, a payment gateway provider for eVance’s credit card processing services. SecurePay should not be confused with an Australia-based company called SecurePay (securepay.com.au), which appears to be a completely unrelated organization.
Although the SecurePay website lists Pipeline Data’s old Georgia headquarters as the location of SecurePay, the Better Business Bureau lists the company’s address as 1515 Hancock St, Quincy, Massachusetts 02169. The company is a registered ISO/MSP of BMO Harris Bank, N.A. of Chicago, Illinois, or Meridian Bank of Devon, Pennsylvania, and or Wells Fargo Bank of Walnut Creek, California. Kip Hyde, Jr., is the CEO of Excel Corporation.
- Sales & Marketing: SecurePay appears to hire independent sales representatives but has not received any merchant complaints about its sales team.
- Costs & Contract: SecurePay appears to offer a multi-year agreement with a variable early termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: SecurePay has received more than 20 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: SecurePay has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received zero complaints in the past three years.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With SecurePay