A Subsidiary of The Federated Group
Founded in 2013, Volt Payments is a merchant account provider that is active in both the U.S. and Canada. Volt is a subsidiary of The Federated Group, a network of payment processing companies that includes Federated Payments, National Debit Card Network, MSI Canada, U.S. Bankcard Center, and Wholesale Merchant Services Canada. As of this update, the website for Volt Payments does not appear to be active. We speculate the company may no longer be in operation.
Headquartered in New York
Volt Payments is a registered ISO/MSP of Deutsche Bank AG, New York, and shares its headquarters with Federated Payments at 1 Huntington Quadrangle, Melville, New York 11747. The Volt Payments website does not disclose the identities of its executive leadership team, but third-party resources list Jon Levitt, the CEO of Federated Payments, as the CEO of Volt. In addition, the only author to have posted on the site’s blog is Greg Slote, the vice president of marketing and corporate communications at Federated Payments. It therefore seems very likely that the two companies share at least some employees, offices, and resources.
Volt Payments Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Volt Payments appears to offer a three-year contract with an early termination fee of up to $395.
- Complaints & Service: Volt Payments has received more than 10 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Volt Payments has an “A+” rating and has received 1 complaint and 0 reviews in the past 3 years. The company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2016.
- Sales & Marketing: Volt Payments appears to hire independently contracted agents and has received a handful of complaints about its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With Volt Payments