Square’s Mobile App for Money Transfers
Square Cash also known as Cash App is a cash transfer service launched by Square in October 2013. Like Venmo, Square Cash allows individuals to send cash amounts or bitcoin to each other using a dedicated mobile phone application or via email from a linked debit card. It also enables businesses to get paid through the app for Square’s usual price of 2.75% per transaction paid by the recipient of the transaction.
Is Square Cash Holding Your Funds Right Now?
Thousands of users have had their payments frozen by Square Cash. If you’re one of them, then you might find these resources helpful:
- How to Contact Square
- Watch Out For These Square Cash App Customer Support Scams
- How to Make Your Payment Processor Release Your Money
Send Money to Your Friends for Free
The process for making payments is simple: download the company’s Square Cash app from the iTunes or Android app store, create an account, enter the amount you want to send or request, select a recipient or payer, and hit send. Square will send a message to the recipient’s email address immediately, notifying them of the payment, and the transaction will process within two days. All personal transfers through Square Cash are processed for free.
Businesses Can Use It, Too
Square Cash’s solution for businesses requires merchants to set up a dedicated “cashtag,” which is a landing page where customers can enter their card details and pay the business directly. Cashtags are intended to be easily shared payment methods that would work best for the personal services industry, non-profits, and short-term fundraisers. Each payment accepted via a Square cashtag costs 2.75% of the payment amount to process, which is roughly on par with most mobile payment processing services.
Square Cash Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: Square Cash is free for personal users and charges 2.75% per transaction for business users.
- Complaints & Service: Square Cash has received nearly 400 public complaints.
- BBB Rating: Square Cash has an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and has received 998 complaints and 1 review in the past 3 years.
- Sales & Marketing: Square Cash does not hire independent sales agents and clearly discloses its pricing and terms.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Avoided Fund Holds With Square Cash