Canadian Merchant Account Provider
ChargeNational is a merchant account provider based in Montreal, Quebec. This provider is a dba of Nuvei (formerly Pivotal Payments), which acts as its back end processor. Despite Pivotal Payments’s recent rebrand to Nuvei, the ChargeNational website still exclusively refers to its parent organization by its original name. Based on merchant reports, ChargeNational also appears to be associated with two other merchant services providers: Tangerine Merchant Services and Axxess Payments. The relationship between all of these companies is unclear, but there are several complaints stating that they are all the same company owned and operated under the newly rebranded umbrella of Nuvei.
Headquartered in Montreal
ChargeNational began operations in 2010, and its website lists the company as a DBA of Pivotal Payments Direct Corp., and registered ISO/MSP of Elavon, the Canadian branch of U.S. Bank National Association, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Canadian Branch. ChargeNational is located at 1100 Rene Levesque West, Suite 900 Montreal, Quebec H3B 4N4.
ChargeNational Review Table of Contents
- Costs & Contract: ChargeNational appears to offer a three-year contract through Nuvei with a $395 early termination fee for customers processing up to $25,000 and $495 for merchants processing more than $25,000 each month. Contracts also contain a liquidated damages clause meaning the cost of terminating a contract could exceed the termination fee.
- Complaints & Service: ChargeNational and Pivotal Payments have received a large number of public complaints.
- BBB Rating: ChargeNational does not have a Better Business Bureau profile. However, it’s parent company, Nuvei, currently has an “A+” rating with 41 complaints and 14 customer reviews. Nuvei has been accredited by the BBB since 2015.
- Sales & Marketing: ChargeNational appears to employ independently contracted sales agents and has received complaints related to its sales team.
- Rates & Fees: How Merchants Got The Best Rates With ChargeNational.
Our unbiased reviews are supported, in part, by helping you find highly rated merchant accounts. You can learn more here.